Music on the Run

Today I am grateful for a good run in the cool morning air and I am grateful for the music of the 1970's.
When I did my 8-9 miles this morning, I was listening to Kasey Kasem's Billboard Top 40 from 1976. One of our local stations plays back a Top 40 from the '70's every Saturday morning.  I don't have an iPod yet.  I have a radio I strap around my arm and it gets a few of the local stations.  I love the randomness of the radio...sure I could listen to favorite song after favorite song on an iPod, but I like the excitement of chance. When a favorite comes on the radio while I am out running, it's like a little extra adrenaline rush. My step gets lighter and quicker.  At least for a time.  This morning I was treated to everything from John Denver, Carole King, ABBA, and Queen to Willie and Waylon. 

If you stick around, you will hear a lot about running.  I am a runner.  A crazy runner who loves the miles and I especially like the miles when it is just me, the radio, the fresh air, and stride after stride.  I am so blessed to be able to run. I am also blessed that my husband and I share this hobby. Sure, I like the solitary miles, but the miles my husband and I have logged together have been good for our marriage.

Running is one step at a time.  Gratitude and building a better perception is also one step at a time.

Comments

  1. It's great isn't it when a favorite song comes on the radio?
    I have enjoyed each of your blog posts. Thank you!
    I had to laugh at myself when I saw the heading "Free Stuff" and I thought how cool, she even has this set up where you can get free stuff from her blog. Then I realized it was a post about Free Stuff you found. My greed dies hard.
    On that note...I see a lot of "grabitude" (i.e. greed) and not as much gratitude, especially in the news.
    Aileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Grabitude" is a sorry account of the materialism that seems to be swallowing up aspects of our culture. A sense of entitlement in our young people is leading to a generation lacking in work ethic. The "need" for more stuff is leading to long work hours at the expense of family time. We need to ask ourselves each day: What are my priorities? Gratitude is free. "Grabitude" is expensive in emotional loss.
      Thanks for raising that issue Aileen!

      Delete

Post a Comment