As easy as 1, 2

Good morning,
Today I am grateful for the yoga breathing and poses my friend Jenny taught me.  They help me get centered and open in the morning.  (More on Jenny later.)  I am also grateful for our dog Oliver.  I enjoy our early morning walks as much as he does. (More on Oliver later too.)

It's that easy to start and keep a gratitude journal.  I have a cloth-covered journal full of blank pages that becomes my gratitude journal.  Often, they are gifts given to me by people in my life who know I like to write.  I simply put today's date and then list at least two things (people, places, happenings, etc.) that I am grateful for.  Anything goes.  There's no right or wrong answer.  It's MY journal.  But that simple action of going beyond thinking about what I am grateful for and putting it in writing gives it more power.  And that gives me a better perspective with which to start my day.

Try it.  What have you got to lose?  What have you got to gain?

Comments