Captive Audience

Today I am grateful for dark chocolate, soft kleenex, and mechanics and technicians who know a lot more about vehicles than I ever will.

Sitting in the backseat of a car isn't something I do often. But I had the opportunity this weekend thanks to Darcy's willingness to drive. We drove in some adverse conditions due to winter weather. That also presented some good opportunities.  It was still dark Saturday morning as we headed to Green Bay from our overnight stay in Wausau. There was a fresh snowfall.

The daylight was approaching slowly, but even without it, we could see how the snow clung to the numerous pine trees and created a very picturesque scene. It was stunning actually. Nothing a picture could fully capture.

I rarely sit and do nothing. Pausing more regularly is something I am working on.  I was a captive audience that morning however. It was too dark to write or read. I just sat and looked out the window as we moved across the countryside. It was relaxing. A worthy pause.

I was a captive audience sitting in a moving car. It is the same any time I step outside. I am a captive audience to whatever Mother Nature has in store for us that day. I truly appreciate that and try to make time each day to be outdoors, even this time of the year, even if briefly.

Humans as captive audience on our planet. Let's pause and look around today. 

Comments