Police Presence

Today I am grateful for my family and the home we share. I am also grateful for reminders to pause in the midst of my day.

Yesterday morning as I made my usual commute to work, I was on the multi-lane, metro freeway portion of my trip. I spotted brake lights on the car ahead of me as I simultaneously spotted the highway patrol car in the median. 

My natural instinct is to slow down when I see law enforcement vehicles, even if I am not speeding. They make for effective speed deterrents just by their presence.  It could also have something to do with the fact that I have gotten a "couple" speeding tickets over the years.

I have learned to slow down my driving, the pace I carry through the day, the thoughts in my head.
These are all things that help me get to the present, the here and now. And this is the best place to be, the easiest place to find gratitude.

I appreciate the police presence that fosters public safety. I appreciate the mindful presence that
fosters peace. 

Comments