Letting it Be

Today I am grateful for sweat and tears. I am also grateful for our amazing natural world.

I came across both of these quotes recently, and they belong together:

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."  (Lao Tzu)

"For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is to let it rain."
(Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

We can learn so much from nature and remembering our humble human contributions 
to the whole scheme of things. 

As the old saying goes: "You can't fool Mother Nature." Nor can you control or rush or
force or push Mother Nature, or anyone else for that matter. Sometimes we uppity humans
think we can though and we end up frustrated and exhausted.

Rushing headlong through my day or keeping a frenetic pace used to be a familiar approach for me. It was indeed futile and very draining. 

I am trying to follow the lessons shown to me by nature and people more serene than I.

Let it rain. Pause. Breathe in the sacred simplicity. 

Comments