A Wonder Beyond Words

Today I am grateful for my five senses, especially for my hearing this morning. I am also grateful
for time to converse with Darcy.

I have been writing a lot in my posts this week about presence and seizing the opportunities that come along in each moment and each day. It's important for me to focus on this idea of mindfulness and pausing and writing about it helps. I hope my words are of value to those reading as well.

So here is another quote to consider:

"To be alive in this beautiful, self-organizing universe--to participate in the dance of life 
with senses to perceive it, lungs that breathe it, organs that draw nourishment 
from it--is a wonder beyond words."  (Joanna Macy)

When is the last time I thought about my functioning and healthy organ systems?  When was the last time I said "thank you lungs and kidneys?"

Our bodies are amazing machines. They are indeed a wonder beyond words. Today, as I breathe in and breathe out, I will thank this earthly vehicle I reside in for the good job it is doing.



Comments