Killing Me Softly

Today I am grateful for sleeping in and early morning quiet.

Killing Me Softly with His Song by Roberta Flack is a beautiful song sung by a beautiful voice. It has always resonated with me because it gets to the heart of where a good song can take us emotionally. It was a number one hit for her in 1973, helping Flack make history. She is the only solo act to win back to back Grammy Awards for Record of the Year. She won in 1973 for her song The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face and again in 1974 for Killing Me Softly.  

Both of these songs were sung by others, but I find Flack's versions to be the best. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face is a heart and soul love song. Even at a young age, before I knew that kind of romantic love myself, the song still moved me.

Kind and Generous by Natalie Merchant is another favorite "K" song of mine. I wrote about it in
What's Your Ringtone? from my earlier blogging days on November 16, 2012.  It is a fitting song for someone like me; a firm believer in the practice of gratitude. I sometimes think of a certain person and their kindness when I listen to the song, but more often I am thinking about a kind and generous Great Spirit, God, Higher Power who has given me so much.

And being a child of the 1970's and a rock and roll fan too, I have to take this opportunity to mention KISS. We weren't bombarded with images back then like we are now, so I knew of their makeup and crazy live shows, but I mainly just wanted to listen to their music, from the fitting Rock and Roll All Nite to the lighter Beth.

What do you want to listen to today?

Comments