The Deer and I

 WORD FOR THE DAY

We are nature and we are it all the time, no matter how far away
or how close we perceive it to be at each moment.

Fabiana Fondevila

Readers here know that I love Nature. The changing seasons. Whatever the weather brings. Colors of life and transformation. I feel connected to Nature, and there find a source of faith. But in my complex human nature, I create mental and emotional obstacles and I hold back. I miss some of Nature's deepest energy. 

In more recent times, those obstacles have been dismantled, at least partially. There is awe and mystery. There is a more rich connection.  That is what I experienced this weekend in one of my favorite places, near the farm in my family. 

On a morning run, I paused when I saw a doe and fawn ahead. We shared a moment before they dashed off. This poem came:

The Deer and I

We shared the 
magnificent sun, 
air, stillness.

Sorry to disturb 
your peace
and quiet.

Know you 
added to mine.

Thank you. 
Thank you. 
Thank you. 

On a walk that evening, I took this video. Watching it again brings me that connection and reverence.



Thank you Fabiana Fondevila for your inspiring words. Thank you Nature for your daily gifts and energy. I will do my part today to honor and care for you. 


Comments