100,000 Miles

Living gratefully today, I appreciate my feet and how they offer stability physically and mindfully. 

This last Friday, as I drove home from work, my car crossed the milestone of 100,000 miles. I missed the moment of course. After keeping an eye in recent weeks, and then knowing it would be Friday afternoon, I still missed it. I am not the most freshly focused on Friday afternoons during a work week. 

Oh well. No big deal to miss that digital number shift from 99999 to 100000. A bigger deal to consider the miles my car and I have traveled together. We bought this car--a 2015 deep blue Chrysler 200--new and with less than 20 miles on it in the summer of 2015.

Also a big deal to give thanks for the comfort, safety features, reliability, and the good track record it has. I didn't give this car a name like I sometimes do, but there have been many times I talked to it like I would a friend. That car knows some of my secrets, and some of my favorite songs. 

The most common trip for my car and I is the 50-mile round trip to and from work. We've done it hundreds of times over these years. We will be on our way again in the next hour or so. 

A mile at a time, you've reached 100,000.  Good job and thank you! 

Comments