An Intersection

Living gratefully today, I choose to appreciate the sour grapes of life, of the literal and figurative varieties. They remind me that if life and food were always sweet, we wouldn't be as healthy as we are with a variety of emotions and dietary intake.

A quote to ponder today: 

"We need to get out of our own way and let the beauty that is us 
intersect with the beauty that is the entire world." 
(Jon Kabat-Zinn) 

Get out of my own way?  Oh how I struggle with that at times. I can be a fairly major obstacle for myself, and that means I impede those around me in ways too. I plow through intersections that I should have proceeded through with caution.

We all do it, so let's not be too hard on ourselves or one another. But let's not sit in our over-sized egos and selfish thinking and wallow there either. 

Let's smile and say hello. Let's laugh at ourselves. Let's appreciate the pesky bugs that this time of the year brings. Let's reach out to others facing significant challenges at this time. Let's forgive and show compassion. Let's pause to listen to the birds in their song. 

Open hearts and minds lead to more intersections of the beautiful kind.

I will be taking a blog break into early next week. Have a good day, moment by moment. 

Comments