Handwriting Analysis

Living gratefully today, I appreciate the sounds and creaks of our house as the hot water heat makes the rounds of our baseboard heaters on a chilly morning. I give thanks for the exhilaration of growing ease where it once was lacking. 

I have always had ease with writing. With forming words on the page or screen. Some days they flow freely, other days in fits and starts. But the idea of putting pen to paper has never been a daunting one for me.  

Though I often use my computer or phone now to capture words, I also regularly use pen to paper. I like the feeling of pen in hand. The movement across the page. Sometimes I write fast to capture my ideas. Other times more slowly as thoughts emerge. 

And I always pretty much write in untidy fashion. I hate to admit it, but there are times I go back to my own writing and may struggle to decipher a word or two. For as much as I love to write, my handwriting leaves a bit to be desired. 

This poem came out the other day, a way to soft pedal my own handwriting analysis:

Analysis

My handwriting 
is often 
a sprawling scrawl.

I prefer to think 
the words
appreciate the space 
on the page 
after being cramped 
and jumbled in my head. 

Or maybe I am
just messy 
and in a hurry.

Better to soft pedal than criticize harshly.  I can use that advice for much more than my handwriting. 

Comments