The Good Revealed

Today I am grateful for phones that connect me across the miles with people I care about. I am also grateful for our kitchen and the food we can prepare there.

And for these words from Emily Dickinson:

Hope inspires the good to reveal itself.

As I watch the beautiful sunrise this morning, I feel hopeful. I am also exhausted. More emotionally and mentally than physically and spiritually.

My sister's recent cancer diagnosis and pending treatment, my cousin's memorial service, my mom getting closer to a move to the nursing home, my friend's grief and pain, a newly sober alcoholic's raw cravings. . . these are some of the things in my realm of experience lately.

But I have taken the time to exercise, meditate, practice gratitude. Those choices have allowed some hope to remain and grow, have allowed the good to be revealed. The good is I am not alone and I am loved. 

We get up each day and can make it through with faith and the love and support of others. Today I will reveal the good by extending kindness to others.

I will be taking a blog break until early next week. Until then, aspire to do good, spread hope.

Comments

  1. You and yours are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve. It's been a tough stretch lately. I know without a doubt though that my gratitude practice has given me strength and energy.

      Delete
  2. Lovely quote and helpful words. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily Dickinson has much to say about hope. "Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul . . . " Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such cool quotes to share. Thanks for sharing!
    Gratitude Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I get many of them from www.gratefulness.org. You can sign up for daily emails and get the "Word for the Day."

      Delete

Post a Comment